The Search For The New Teen Azkals Is On!
Football has been one of the most talked about sports lately here in the country. Aside from having the 2 two equally good-looking brothers, James and Phil Younghusband, in the Phillipine Azkal Football Team, their numerous “winnings” in various games all over the globe has made football popular among Filipinos; in fact, more popular than our national sport, which is Arnis, especially among the younger generations.
Speaking of football, we (the bloggers) were lucky able to have met the VIP’s of Philippine Football Federation (PFF), who were PFF President Mariano V. Araneta, Technical Director Coach Aris Caslib, Marketing and Communications Department Head and member of the National Team committee at the same time, Ebong Jocson at Cafe Lupe last (date sis please). Also present during the event were Motorcycle Philippines Federation President Atoy Sta Cruz and U17 and U19 team manager Alvin Carranza. Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas of TaG Media and Public Relations and Philippine Information Agency emceed the event.
The main goal of the event was to inform the public and find every help the Federation can to spread the word that the Search for The New Teen Azkals will start this coming July and August. Aspiring young football players are encouraged to join the Philippine Team to represent our country in the near future when the Younghusband brothers and other members of the Azkals will be retiring 4 – 5 years from now.
The PFF highlighted the following points during the event:
1. Ensuring the football activities to be continuous in all the 33 provincial football associations here in the country. This means that rigorous training, as well as, competitions and festivals will be launched and implemented for the kids/teens. At the same time, grassroots experts must be trained by experts not only from our country but AFC and the International Football Federation (FIFA) to ensure quality teaching/training/coaching.
2. Coaches’ development must likewise be sustained. In order to produce “champions”, coaches must be well-equipped with the right skills and knowledge that they can impart to their “students”. Philippine Football Federation (PFF) Secretary-general Atty. Rolando Tulay mentioned that “Continuing education is needed for coaches as quality coaches produce quality players, and quality players will give honor in the Philippines.”
3. Club level and age group competitions are needed, both for girls and boys and men and women. These competitions will help us identify talent for future national youth teams.
PFF President Mariano V. Araneta also emphasized that the development of national youth teams in the country is important. This is to make sure that the Philippine Football Team will keep on soaring high and win as many international competititions as they can and give pride and honor to our country at the same time.
Director Jose Ariston “Aris” Caslib added that they are now in search for qualified future Teen Azkals and in connection with this they hope to have at least three groups of Teen Azkals – with each team coming from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
For those who are interested to join the New Teen Azkals, make sure that you possess these following qualities among others:
- Must be tall
- Has the necessary physique and motor ability
- must be fast and agile
- Has a decision making capability
- Has the drive to win
If you have what it takes to be the one of the next Teen Azkals, please take note of the following schedules for audition:
- • July 7- 8, 2012 – NCR selection at the University of the Philippines, Diliman
- • August 4 -12, 2012 – the Under 17-19 (U17-19) selection at San Carlos City, Negros Occidental (Football Grounds)
For more details, you may visit the office:
Philippine Teen Azkals
1802 Pioneer Highlands, Pioneer St.
Mandaluyong City, Philippines 1550
Call them: 0917 531 4403
Send them an e-mail: email@example.com
And Like them on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/teenazkals